The following exclusive interview with Steve Seeley (one half of the writing team!) contains SPOILERS for HACK/SLASH SON OF SAMHAIN #2. Go read the book first and then come back to read the responses!
1. October gets a name. Why October, and were there any other names considered?
Steve – October is all Tim. As far as I know, Tim had the name and character floating around for awhile. October/ Halloween/ Samhain…it’s all wonderfully connected.
(Check out Tim’s design sketch to the right, Malcolm was an earlier name for October!)
2. Cassie vs the Scalpers – How detailed were your notes for the fight? There was a great sense of motion!
Steve – The script was well detailed but honestly, the credit goes to Emilio. He kicked those pages’ asses. It’s such an honor working with that guy. So much energy in every panel.
3. Delroy’s origin story seemed a little suspect, is he someone we need to be worrying about?
Steve – I love Delroy. He’s such a great character to write. I know Mike feels the same. He’s got such history. And I love the fact that he wears it. As for worrying about him, you’ll have to wait and see.
4. RIP Grunt. I’ll miss him.
Steve – You and me both, my friend. Pour one out for Grunt.
5. How pissed is the God-Beast going to be when he shakes Morinto’s bugs off and realizes he was being controlled?
Steve – As cliche as it sounds, you’ll have to wait and see what happens with the God-Beast and Morinto’s bugs. Good stuff. Or bad stuff depending on how you look at it.
Thanks to Steve for the interview and come back in September for another Five Questions with…! HACK/SLASH SON OF SAMHAIN #3 is in stores next week, September 3rd!
-Five Questions With (mostly) Tim Seeley Archive